Best Barbecue Chicken recipeAuthor: Maria O'Brien
This delicious barbecue chicken recipe tastes great on all cuts of chicken and is ideal for grilling out. It's made from a molasses and ketchup base, with apple cider vinegar and spices. It covers enough chicken for 6-8 adults.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 TB pub style mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the vinegar and molasses in a small stainless steel saucepan on medium low heat until the molasses completely disolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the ketchup and mustard.
- Combine spices and add to the BBQ sauce recipe mixture, stiring briskly to prevent any lumps.
- Grill or bake 5 to 10 pounds of chicken pieces.
- When chicken is half cooked, begin basting with the barbecue chicken recipe.
- Turn chicken periodically and baste the other side with more of the barbecue sauce until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remaing barbecue sauce should be discarded OR heated thoroughly (to boiling) and used as dipping sauce at that meal. Do not save leftover sauce.
This is the easiest, and best, barbecue chicken recipe I've tried. Our typical menu when using this recipe is barbecue chicken, homemade sour cream potato salad, baked beans, corn salad, raw milk, fruit salad and watermelon for desert.
This barbecue chicken recipe can also be used to marinate and baste pork and beef ribs -- it's really an all-purpose BBQ sauce recipe that can be adapted to any meat that you'd like to grill.
Maria O'Brien writes about her Egg Laying Chickens and how to raise your own backyard chicken flock. She also blogs about weekly menu plans.